Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Aftermath of creating painted paper...

I just tried not to look this week... I promise I taught these students how to properly use their brushes, but when using them all day as we did last week and yesterday, it's inevitable that they'll look like this:

Ugh... The horror!! Oh well, they cleaned up like a charm! (After about 45 minutes of washing.) It was worth it though, I think the kids enjoyed their first week in art and we got a beautiful start on our first projects, which will be based on the book, The Dot, by Peter H. Reynolds. I'm starting the year off a little different this year as we prepare for a celebration of International Dot Day coming up around September 15-ish.  I usually start the year with our Art By Me fundraiser, but this year we'll be doing that in the spring to give us more time to create our masterpieces.  Happy First Week back!

No comments:

Post a Comment