Thursday, March 13, 2014

Monitor and adjust! Self portraits in paint!

Being at two schools has its disadvantages... One being the lack of matching supplies!  As much as possible, I try to be sure I have the same stock at each school, however sometimes I run out and have to improvise!  For example, I was out of black construction paper at one of my schools when we began self portraits... So, instead of just coloring on white paper with regular crayons, I decide to let them paint.  I am so glad I had this little mishap, as the results turned out beautifully!










2 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs Crisco. I have just found your site and I'm loving it. You have amazing ideas and from my perspective you've achieved a perfect balance between process and product in the children's work creation. I'm aware that many people think that the process in creating art is the only important thing but I think there should be a balance between process and product. I'm inspired by your work. I will let you know when I use one of your ideas and I will put a link to your blog post. Thank you for sharing and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your nice comments! I'd be honored for you to use any of my ideas! I can't always take full credit, as the inspiration often comes from another artist or Pinterest, but I try to give credit to those I borrow from as well! Thanks again!

      Delete